Fiddle 2010 is run by the Scots Fiddle Festival Ltd. We are a charity run totally by volunteers and our aim is ‘to promote traditional fiddle music so that it can hold its place in the culture of Scotland and the world’. We are inviting everyone who cares about the future of fiddling in Scotland to become a member of the organisation. We really need your support to help keep the festival going – and it will only cost you the price of a couple of coffees or beers (£5)!
By becoming a member, you will:
• help to give traditional fiddling a strong and vibrant future in Scotland.
• support the many young fiddlers who are taking forward the tradition, and who perform at the festival.
• get the opportunity to help plan the event.
• receive advance notice of the programme.
• not have to queue for entry and have early access to the upstairs bar for festival events.
• receive advance notice and be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
Membership is an annual subscription with a nominal fee of £5.
Download a membership form here
Fiddle 2010 is run by the Scots Fiddle Festival Ltd, whose aim is to promote and sustain traditional fiddle music so that it can hold its place in the culture of Scotland and the world. Our all-volunteer committee spends the whole year organising the festival and is helped, at the weekend itself, by a further army of enthusiastic volunteers. Huge thanks to all of them! Thanks also to the musicians who send us CDs of their work all through the year. We would fit everyone in if we could, so please don’t feel it’s any reflection on your work if we haven’t been able to squeeze you into the programme this year.
If you would like to help or would like more information about how you can get involved, please contact us.
Many thanks to our funders for Fiddle 2010